The ISES Rhode Island Chapter was founded in 2002 to join professionals in fostering enlightened performance through education and promotion of the special events industry. A Chapter Formation Committee, led by Chair, Richard Carbotti, was created consisting of a dedicated group of ISES members committed to establishing ISES Rhode Island. After successfully recruiting the required 35 members and adhering to all guidelines, ISES Rhode Island became an official Chapter-In-Formation and later an official chapter, which has been lead to date by the following Presidents:
- Richard Carbotti, Perfect Surroundings, Inc – 2004 - 2006
- Rick Simone, Bella Consulting & Events – 2006 - 2007
- Jim Verity, Beau Nappe Linen Rental & Design – 2007 - 2008
- Rocky Toomey, Future Affairs Productions – 2008 - 2009
- Kim Crawley, Waterman Grille - 2009-2010
- Alexis Gorriaran, CSEP - (add)ventures - 2010-2011
- Bryan M. Sawyer - The Gloria Gemma Foundation - 2011-2012
Leading the way to Success - Chapter Award Recognition
Thanks to the support of our members and dedicated leaders, ISES Rhode Island has grown tremendously and has been recognized internationally for its accomplishments, including receiving the following awards:
- Chapter of the Year Spirit of Excellence - 2010-2011
- Spirit of Excellence Awards for Communications - 2009-2010
- Membership Growth - 2009-2010, achieving an astounding 38% membership increase in one year.
- Spirit of Excellence in Programs and Education - 2008-2009
- Membership Growth - 2007-2008, achieving an astounding 171% membership increase in one year.
- Spirit of Excellence Awards for Communications - 2006-2007
The ISES Spirit of Excellence awards recognize ISES Chapters that excel in chapter communications, administration, membership retention, and growth programs. Awards are given by the International Special Events Society during the Annual General Meeting held at ISES Eventworld®.
ISES RI has been a sponsor and key support of the regional education conferences in the Northeast. In addition to co-hosting the 2008 ISES Northeast Regional Education Conference (REC) in Providence, ISES Rhode Island has hosted top industry speakers at our monthly meetings, produced events at notable venues in throughout the region and have contributed thousands of dollars to charities through collective fundraising efforts.
Giving Back to the Community
To date, ISES RI has contributed more than $20,000 to a diverse mix of non-profit organizations. A special Thanks goes to our members and strategic partners as this would not be possible without their support and contributions. Thank You!